Violin Concerto, Opus 4 No. 2, RV 279
Vivaldi named his Opus 4, published in 1714 in Amsterdam, La Stravaganza. Thus, beyond his ecclesiastical office as master of violin at the Ospedale della Pieta in Venice, Vivaldi contributed to the development of the concerto, most particularly of the concerto for solo violin. So extravagance for this “red priest” exempted from celebrating mass, and one of the roles of whom was to give violin lessons to young orphans.